Here are some amazing statistics:
* 58% of high school graduates never read another book for the rest of their lives.
* 42% of college graduates never read another book after college.
* 80% of U.S. families did not buy or read a book last year.
* 70% of U.S. adults have not been in a bookstore in the last five years.
* 57% of new books are not read to completion.
* Most readers don't get past page 18 in a book they have purchased.
* A successful fiction book sells 5,000 copies.
* A successful nonfiction book sells 7,500 copies.
* A New York Times bestseller sells 250,000 copies.
* On average, a bookstore browser spends 8 seconds looking at a book's front cover and 15 seconds looking at the back cover.
* Each day in the U.S., people spend 4 hours watching TV, 3 hours listening to the radio and 14 minutes reading magazines.